ASSMANN WSW Components


ASSMANN WSW Components

The industrial activities and company history of the ASSMANN family is already starting in the 18th century. ASSMANN & Söhne did produce at that time metal buttons for the clothing industry and as well medal decorations for the military. Later on in the 20th century ASSMANN & Söhne became famous for being one of the pioneers for heat sink technology.

Parallel to the company ASSMANN & Söhne another company named ASSMANN KG had been established in 1969 and Dieter Assmann started in this company his activities around the development and production of IC sockets and IDC connectors for flat cable applications. In the 80's Dieter Assmann combined and controlled both product ranges, the heat sink and the connectors, in the company ASSMANN GmbH, which became later the ASSMANN Electronic GmbH. During these times, another product segment has been developed, so called computer- and network peripherals. This business showed a tremendous growth under the leadership of the sons.

Due to this development, in 2005, the management functions for these product segments, heat sinks and connectors, had been handed over to new share holders, which became as well the managing directors, Mr. Weidenhammer and Mr. Walter, which combined these activities within the new established ASSMANN WSW components group under shareholder-ship of the ASSMANN GmbH & Co. KG.

North American Office

1840 W. Drake Drive, Suite 101
Tempe, AZ. 85283 U.S.A.
Toll Free 877.277.6266
Phone 480.897.7001
Fax 480.897.7255